1. The largest French aliya flight of the summer landed at Israel's Ben-Gurion airport on Wednesday. More than 200 French Jews were aboard the flight, organized by the Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI) in collaboration with the Ministry of Aliya and Immigrant Absorption, and Keren Hayesod-UIA.
Read more: Largest French aliya flight of summer lands in Israel
2. Shots were fired Wednesday at an IDF post near Metulla on the northern border with Lebanon, the military reported.
Read more: Shots fired at IDF post near Lebanon border; soldier's dog tag deflects shrapnel
3. Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat was lambasted by left-wing politicians Wednesday as insensitive and impartial after announcing that he will not attend Thursday’s Jerusalem’s Gay Pride Parade because it is damaging to the ultra-Orthodox and right-wing sectors’ sensibilities.
Read more: Jerusalem mayor slammed for skipping LGBT pride parade over religious objections
4. Israeli annexation of settlements in the West Bank could be viewed by a Trump administration as a legitimate way for Israel to move forward if the Palestinians continue to avoid a real and genuine peace deal, David Friedman, a senior advisor to Donald Trump, told The Jerusalem Post on Tuesday.
Read more: Top Trump advisor to ‘Post’: Settlement annexation legitimate if PA continues to avoid real peace
5. Donald Trump's campaign for the presidency rolled out its Israel Advisory Committee last week — no one noticed.
Read more: Jewish Republicans wonder how to vouch for Trump when he won’t help out
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>