JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Swiss Air Force F-18 fighter jets were scrambled on Tuesday to accompany an El Al flight due to a bomb threat which eventually turned out to be a false alarm.
Read more: El Al plane lands safely after being accompanied by Swiss F-18 jets amid bomb threat
2. A Palestinian terrorist attempted to stab soldiers at the Gitai Avisar junction near the West Bank city of Ariel on Tuesday.
Read more: Palestinian woman attempts to stab soldiers near Ariel
3. The arrest of two Gazans with terror financing cash hidden in their shoes eventually enabled Israel to gain valuable new intelligence on the underground network of tunnels Hamas and Islamic Jihad are digging in Gaza.
Read more: Gazans sent to smuggle Hamas funds in their shoes enable Israel to learn about new tunnels
4. The Palestinian Authority decided to halt its cooperation with the Quartet on the Middle East following the report the international institution issued on Friday regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the London-based Arabic language daily newspaper al-Hayat reported Tuesday.
Read more: PA said to boycott Quartet following its report on Mideast peace
5. Kenya will work to restore Israel's observer status at the African Union because Israel is a critical partner in the battle against terrorism, the most serious challenge facing the world today, Kenya's President Uhuru Kenyatta said on Tuesday.
Read more: During historic Netanyahu visit, Kenyan president says Africa needs Israel