JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Amid reports about an approaching normalization deal between Israel and Turkey, Hamas claims that Turkey has renounced the condition that Israel lift the siege on Gaza that it has defined as a prerequisite for reconciliation.
Read more: Hamas: Turkey dropped condition that Israel lift Gaza siege before normalization
2. Israel will install its own cyber defenses on the F-35 jets it will receive this year, the air force's Chief of Staff, Brig.-Gen. Tal Kelman, said on Tuesday.
Read more: Israel to install its own cyber defenses on F-35 jets
3. Did Israeli billionaire Lev Leviev have the NYPD close a lane for him in New York's Lincoln tunnel? According the the New York Post, that is exactly what federal authorities are investigating as part of a larger probe into corruption in the NYPD.
Read more: NYPD allegedly shuts Lincoln Tunnel lane for Israeli billionaire
4. According to new data released by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), the US saw a dramatic increase of violent anti-Semitic assaults, contributing to almost a three percent rise in the number of anti-Semitic incidents during 2015.
Read more: ADL: Dramatic rise in US anti-Semitic assaults in last year
5. US President Barack Obama and some administration officials have hailed recent military gains against Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, but other US officials and outside experts warn that the US-backed air and ground campaign is far from eradicating the radical Islamic group, and could even backfire.
Read more: After Obama touts military gains, US officials warn campaign against ISIS could backfire