hamas gunmen badass headband 248 88.
(photo credit: AP)
Hamas reiterated its determination to continue its attacks against Israel despite the possibility of an Israeli cabinet decision on Saturday night to accept a unilateral cease-fire after three weeks of fighting in the Gaza Strip.
In two separate locations Saturday, Hamas spokesmen said that the group would keep up the fight against the Jewish state.
In Cairo, Beirut-based Osama Hamdan declared that the group's delegation arriving in Egypt had "nothing new to offer."
"We are not going to go back to the first point in the discussions and dialogue. Either we hear what we want or the result will be continuing the confrontation on the ground," he said.
He added that for Israel to call a unilateral ceasefire with negotiations underway in Cairo undermines the mediators, a reference to Egypt, which has been promoting its own initiative to end the fighting and resolve the long-running crisis.
A Hamas delegation was set to arrive in Cairo Saturday amid the frenzied international diplomacy to end 22 days of fighting.
Hamdan said Hamas has a clear vision that includes ending the "aggression," a withdrawal of Israeli forces, an end to the siege and opening of the crossings.
"If any vision does not achieve these things, then we will continue in the battle on the ground," he said.
Meanwhile, in Turkey, Sami Abu Zuhri, another spokesman, insisted that Hamas would "continue fighting despite our limited means."
He also said that Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, whose term officially ended last week, is not authorized to represent Hamas in any peace talks.
Zuhri was speaking at a news conference Saturday in Istanbul.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>