Lindenstrauss okays Shai’s IDF pension

By
April 15, 2010 03:00

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

State Comptroller Micha Lindenstrauss approved this week MK Nachman Shai’s military pension and said he was closing the probe regarding him.

In December, Lindenstrauss opened an investigation into the IDF pension received by the Kadima MK from the Defense Ministry. It had been revealed that after serving only three years as IDF spokesman, Shai had been granted a military pension for life. According to information obtained by the State Comptroller’s Office, Shai had been handed the rank of brigadier-general and a five-year unpaid vacation, bringing his military service up to eight years and therefore fulfilling the criteria to receive a pension.
In a letter this week to Shai, Lindenstrauss said he had received all the necessary documents from the military, including the information on which the original decision to grant him with a pension was based, and that he had decided not to continue with the probe. “I am delighted with the decision of the state comptroller,” Shai said in a statement. “Like I said all along, the decision was made by the military via the correct channels, and now it has also been approved by the state comptroller.”

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Jisr az-Zarq
April 3, 2014
Residents of Jisr az-Zarqa beckon Israel Trail hikers to enjoy their town

By SHARON UDASIN