Palestinians, Syrians claim Lebanon bus bombings

By
March 13, 2007 17:29

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Palestinian and Syrian members of a little-known radical Palestinian group have confessed to carrying out the near simultaneous bombings on commuter buses that killed and wounded several people last month, security officials said Tuesday. The officials said that six members of Fatah had been detained in connection with the February 13 bombings on a mountain road at Ein Alaq, northeast of Beirut. The blasts, minutes apart, tore through two buses traveling on a busy commuter road, killing three people and wounding 20. A higher toll was miraculously avoided because passengers from the second bus had rushed out to help the victims of the bus that exploded ahead of them on the road. The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media, told The Associated Press that two more members of the obscure Palestinian group also sought in the bus explosions, remain at large.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

A general view of the attack during the military parade in Ahvaz, Iran, 2018
September 22, 2018
Dozens killed in Iran terror attack, official blames US and Mossad

By REUTERS, SAMUEL THROPE