Argument between ‘friends’ ends in bottle stabbing

A 16-year-old boy from Petah Tikva is under arrest after allegedly stabbing 17-year-old, who escapes with light injuries.

August 15, 2011 03:25
1 minute read.
[illustrative photo]

police arrest handcuffs suspect cops criminal 311 (R). (photo credit: Benoit Tessier / Reuters)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A 16-year-old boy from Petah Tikva is under arrest after allegedly stabbing his friend with a broken bottle in the city on Saturday night.

Police say the two minors arrived at the Oron shopping center in the evening, but that an argument developed between the two “friends.”

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

Before long, the argument turned to blows.

“The 16-year-old was holding a beer bottle. He broke the bottle and stabbed his 17-year-old friend,” Petah Tikva police said on Sunday.

The stab victim was rushed to the city’s Beilinson Medical Center, where he was treated and released after a short while. He escaped the incident with minor injuries.

The suspect had in the meantime fled the scene and returned to his home, where he was arrested by police.

During questioning, the youth “tied himself to the suspicions against him,” police added.

The case material has been passed on to police prosecutors, who will lead the legal prosecution process.

Related Content

August 31, 2014
Rioting resumes throughout east Jerusalem Saturday night