Father in abused twins case released from reserve duty

Baby boy's father was released also reportedly has a history of drug use.

February 3, 2012 02:50
1 minute read.
IDF reserve soldiers

Israeli reserve soldiers 311. (photo credit: Marc Israel Sellem)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


The father of a baby boy who died of internal injuries was released from army reserve duty by a mental health IDF officer, Israel Radio reported on Thursday.

According to the report, the suspect also has a history of drug use. The father, who cannot be named, is suspected by police of injuring the baby boy and his twin sister.

The Tel Aviv Magistrate’s Court extended the father’s remand by five days on Wednesday, and accepted the police’s argument that the injuries were not caused by a genetic disease, a virus, or a vaccination, but rather through a physical act.

Both parents deny harming the twins.

The mother of the twins, who remains under house arrest, failed a lie detector test when asked critical questions about the case, the report added.

A postmortem carried out on the body of the baby revealed that the infant suffered from a fractured skull.

The four-month-old baby died on Sunday, several days after arriving at the hospital with internal injuries along with his twin sister, who has since recovered.

A funeral was held for the baby boy on Tuesday afternoon, attended by both parents with a police escort.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

August 31, 2014
Rioting resumes throughout east Jerusalem Saturday night