Police hunt for 3 men after shoot-out in North

Rosh Ha’ayin police search for men who fled shoot-out with cops outside Kafr Kasim.

October 21, 2012 03:17
Israel Police officer [file]

Israel Police officer 311. (photo credit: Marc Israel Sellem)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


Rosh Ha’ayin police were on the hunt for three men who fled a shoot-out with cops outside Kafr Kasim early on Saturday morning.

Sharon District police said officers patrolling outside the entrance to Kafr Kasim received a report around 4 a.m. Saturday morning that someone had sprayed a local house and car with gunfire.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

Minutes later, they saw a group of four men approaching the village. Police reportedly blocked the street with their car and called on the other vehicle to stop. Then, one of the passengers opened fire on the officers. Police said they returned shots, injuring the gunman moderately.

The three other passengers fled on foot towards the village of Jaljulya and managed to slip away from the police, who were treating the wounded gunman.

Police said they knew who all three men were and expected to arrest them very soon.

The gunman, who was hit in the upper body by police fire, was recovering in the Rabin Medical Center-Beilinson Campus in Petah Tikva, where he was in moderate to serious condition.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

August 31, 2014
Rioting resumes throughout east Jerusalem Saturday night