Palestinian teenager killed near Hebron amid clashes throughout West Bank

The report came hours after clashes were reported overnight in the town of Ya'abad, as IDF soldiers searched for the murderer of Sergeant First Class Amit Ben Yigal.

IDF troops searching for terrorist who committed the shooting attack near Dolev (photo credit: IDF SPOKESPERSON'S UNIT)
IDF troops searching for terrorist who committed the shooting attack near Dolev
A 15-year-old Palestinian, Zaid Jamil Al-Fayoumi, was killed after he was shot during clashes with IDF soldiers. Four more Palestinians were wounded by live fire in the Al-Fawwar refugee camp south of Hebron on Wednesday morning, according to Palestinian media.
The IDF reported on Wednesday that violent disturbances broke out in Al-Fawwar during arrest operations. Terrorists threw stones, Molotov cocktails and explosives at IDF soldiers during the arrests and gunfire was heard in the area.
The soldiers responded with crowd dispersal measures and live fire. One soldier was lightly injured when a stone was thrown at him. The IDF is aware of the claims that one Palestinian was killed and several were wounded.
Al-Fayoumi's funeral took place later on Wednesday morning, with large crowds chanting slogans in anger, according to Palestinian media.
Clashes were also reported in the Palestinian city of Kalkilya east of Kfar Saba on Tuesday night, according to WAFA. No arrests or injuries were reported.
A price-tag attack was reported in the town of Beitin north of Ramallah on Tuesday night, according to Palestinian media. Graffiti of Jewish stars was accompanied by text reading "I don't fall asleep when blood is spilled here" and "the lives of soldiers come before the lives of the enemy." A group of local residents chased away Israelis who drew the graffiti, according to Palestinian reports.
Israel Police are preparing to investigate the incident.
The reports came hours after clashes were reported overnight in the town of Yabed, as IDF soldiers searched for the murderer of St. 1st Class Amit Ben Yigal.
Soldiers fired live ammunition, tear gas and stun grenades in the clashes in Yabed, according to the Palestinian WAFA news agency. One Palestinian was hit by a rubber-coated bullet in the foot and dozens were affected by tear gas during the clashes. One Palestinian was arrested. In total, 18 residents of the town were arrested as of Tuesday evening.
About 20 Palestinians were arrested on Wednesday throughout the West Bank, including 12 residents of Yabed, three boys from Bethlehem, one resident of Al-Fawwar, two Palestinians from the Hebron area, one Palestinian from Jericho and one Palestinian from Beit Furik, located south of Nablus.
Local Palestinian residents opened fire at an IDF post near Yabed on Tuesday night, according to Palestinian media.
Roads into Yabed were closed by the IDF, with a siege placed on the town, as IDF soldiers returned on Tuesday evening, according to the Palestinian Safa news. Only one road remained open where the army set up a checkpoint to check cars entering and leaving the town. The Salamah neighborhood of Yabed remains closed, with residents being prevented from entering the area amid confrontations with the military.
Earlier Tuesday, IDF troops began a large scale manhunt for the Palestinian responsible for throwing the stone that killed Ben Yigal. Troops, including from the elite Duvdevan unit and the Shin Bet (Israel Security Service), canvassed the area of the attack, questioned residents and arrested several family members. Palestinians reported that clashes broke out in the village as troops carried out additional arrests, injuring dozens.
The search for the terrorists who killed Ben Yigal continued Wednesday morning and is expected to take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. The IDF believes that three terrorists were on the roof the building when at least one of them threw the rock that killed the Golani soldier. At least three more Palestinians were arrested and the IDF continued to close off roads out of the city on Wednesday morning.
Ben Yigal, 21, was killed during an overnight arrest raid in the West Bank town of Yabed and buried Tuesday evening in the military cemetery of Be’er Ya’acov, with hundreds in attendance.
Anna Ahronheim contributed to this report.