Yehuda Glick: Terrorist called me 'an enemy of al-Aksa’ and shot me

In improved condition, victim of shooting attack in Jerusalem recounts assassination attempt to chief rabbi.

Yehuda Glick meets chief rabbi
Ashkenazi Chief Rabbi David Lau visited Yehudah Glick, the Temple Mount activist who was shot in an assassination attempt last month, at the Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem on Monday.
Glick was the victim of an assassination attempt at the end of October and was shot at point-blank range. He is now awake, breathing without assistance and fully communicative.
Lau told Glick that the 16-member Council of the Chief Rabbinate had been praying for his recovery and had requested continuous updates on his condition, and that the rabbis had continued to pray for him after his situation stabilized and he was out of immediate danger.
“I haven’t yet succeeded in finding the right place at this moment to go up,” the chief rabbi told Glick, seemingly in reference to the possibility of praying on the Temple Mount. “I am praying with you that, God willing, both of us will stand there in order to give thanks.
Remember, we will stand there and give a thanks offering together,” he said.
During the visit, Glick related to Lau the last moments he remembered of the assassination attempt.
“He came up to me, stood in front of me, I obviously in my naiveté believed him. He said to me, ‘I’m really sorry, but you are an enemy of al-Aksa’, and shot me twice... in the arm and in the stomach, and then I saw someone, Shai [Malka, the director of the Likud’s Jewish Leadership faction]... and we ran,” he told the chief rabbi, describing the moment when the emergency services arrived at the scene.
Glick was shot four times in total, and the bullets punctured one lung, entered his throat and hand, fractured some ribs and caused more significant harm to his small and large intestines.
He told Lau that he could be released from hospital within two weeks.
Judy Siegel contributed to this report.