print
gohome
Body of man killed in Madrid blast recovered
01/06/2007
Rescue workers on Saturday recovered the body of an Ecuadorean teenager killed a week earlier in a massive blast blamed on Basque separatist group ETA at Madrid's airport, police said. The remains of Diego Armando Estacio _ which had been found on Friday _ were removed for forensic examination by order National Court judge Ismael Moreno, a police spokesman said. Estacio had gone to the gleaming new Terminal 4 along with his girlfriend, Veronica Arequipa, to meet a relative who was arriving by plane. While Arequipa went into the arrivals hall, Estacio chose to sleep in his car. Three floors of the reinforced concrete parking garage collapsed on him following the huge explosion early on Dec. 30. The 19-year-old's corpse had been detected using high-tech fiber-optic viewing equipment, but rescue work was hampered by hundreds of tons of rubble, police said.
print gohome
JPost.com: Arab-Israeli Conflict | Israel News | Diaspora | Middle East | Opinion | Premium | Blogs | Not Just News | Edition Francaise | Green Israel

Copyright © 2014 Jpost Inc. All rights reserved • Terms of UsePrivacy Policy