A Saudi court has sentenced to death two men, a Canadian and a Jordanian, for the alleged murder of a Syrian man during a school yard fight last year, one of the men's lawyers said Tuesday. The defense plans to appeal the ruling, which was handed down by a court in the western port city of Jiddah on Monday, said the lawyer, Ahmed al-Awadhi. Al-Awadhi identified the men as Canadian national Muhammed Kohail, 22, and Jordanian national Muhanna Masoud, 21. The Syrian man has been identified by the Saudi media as 19-year-old Munther al-Haraki. Canadian Embassy spokeswoman Andrea Meyer said the mission was in close contact with Kohail's family and continues to provide them with consular assistance. She said Canada's minister of foreign affairs and other ministry officials are following the events closely.