2 plead guilty in Navy SEAL weapon smuggling case

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
December 24, 2010 07:40

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

LAS VEGAS — Two men pleaded guilty Thursday to conspiring with a US Navy SEAL and another man to sell machine guns and other weapons smuggled into the US from Iraq and Afghanistan, the top federal prosecutor in Nevada said.

Andrew Kaufman, 36, and Omar Aguirre, 35, of Las Vegas appeared for the plea deal before Senior US District Court Judge Lloyd George in as Vegas, US Attorney Daniel Bogden said in a statement.Aguirre wasn't previously named after a monthslong undercover operation became public with the Nov. 3 arrests of Kaufman in Las Vegas; active-duty Special Warfare Operator 1st Class Nicholas Bickle, 33, in San Diego; and Bickle's friend Richard Paul, 34, in Durango, Colorado.



Bickle and Paul pleaded not guilty to amended conspiracy, weapons, explosives, firearms trafficking, weapon registration and dealing in firearms without a license charges, said Natalie Collins, spokeswoman for Bogden.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
May 20, 2019
Police arrest 2 Palestinians, seize automatic weapon in West Bank

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF