Baby swallows pin connected to 'hamsa' crib decoration

By
June 23, 2013 17:12

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A 10-month-old baby swallowed an open safety pin that had been connected to a “hamsa” decoration over his crib, it was reported on Sunday.

Doctors at Hillel Jaffe Medical Center in Hadera put the baby under general anesthesia and carefully managed to pull the pin out of his esophagus without him being harmed.

The case of an open safety pin stuck in the food tube in a baby of such a young age is rare, the hospital said.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 18, 2018
Jerusalem Post closed for Yom Kippur

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF