Shortly after the smell of gas was reported at an unidentified Jerusalem residential building, fire fighters were forced to break down the door of an apartment releasing the gas while the owner was away to avert an imminent explosion, fire officials said Tuesday.
“A lot of gas accumulated in the apartment, creating serious danger of a last minute explosion,” a spokesman said, adding that fire fighters subsequently shut the gas valve and aired out the apartment.
“Quick and professional action by the fire department prevented a serious explosion,” the spokesperson said. The gas was restored after the leak was sealed.
Now is the time to join the news event of the year - The Jerusalem Post Annual Conference!
For more information and to sign up, click here>>