Goldstone rejects PM's comment, says report won't affect peace process

Goldstone rejects Netany

By
October 2, 2009 00:44

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

International judge Richard Goldstone on Thursday rejected Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's claim that pursuing both Israel and Hamas for war crimes would end the Middle East peace process. Netanyahu had said after a cabinet meeting earlier in the day that Goldstone's UN report on Operation Cast Lead in Gaza "would strike a fatal blow to the peace process" by denying Israel's right to self-defense. "I think he got wrong what our report is all about," Goldstone told reporters in Washington. "He talked about Israel's right to self-defense. That is not what the report was about." Goldstone said international law gives that right to both Israel and the Palestinians. Both sides, he said, violated that law by targeting civilians.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 22, 2018
FBI releases documents on former Trump adviser surveillance

By REUTERS