Iranian official denies contact with US over alleged plot

By REUTERS
October 14, 2011 15:57

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

TEHRAN - An official at Iran's United Nations mission denied on Friday that Tehran had been in direct contact with the United States over an allegation it was behind a plot to kill the Saudi ambassador on US soil, the semi-official Mehr news agency reported.

"There has been no direct contact between the two countries," Alireza Miryousefi, official in charge of the media at Iran's UN mission, told Mehr news agency.

US State Department said on Thursday that it had been in direct contact with Iran over the allegations, which Tehran has denied.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 22, 2018
U.S. launches campaign to erode support for Iran's leaders

By REUTERS