Iran's FM too busy to attend security conference

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
February 5, 2011 12:49

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

TEHERAN, Iran— Iran's foreign minister and nuclear chief on Saturday said he is too busy to attend an international security conference where his country's suspected nuclear weapons ambitions featured prominently in the past.

Ali Akbar Salehi's decision was reported Saturday by the semi-official Iranian news agency Isna. It came several days after Britain's defense secretary said Teheran might be able to develop nuclear weapons by next year.

Last year, Iran was represented at the annual security conference in Germany.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 17, 2018
Trump to meet with members of Congress after summit criticism

By REUTERS