Italy says ready to take part in Libya operations

By REUTERS
March 20, 2011 16:26

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For a symbolic $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Don't show it again

ROME - Italian aircraft are ready to join operations against Libya from Sunday, Defense Minister Ignazio La Russa said.

Speaking on state broadcaster RAI, La Russa said eight Italian jets had been assigned to the coalition command and would be ready to take part in operations immediately.

"We want to participate as equals in the operation," he said. He also said Italy was ready to take action over an Italian tugboat detained in Libya.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 25, 2018
Erdogan says Turkey will continue advancing in Syria

By REUTERS