Libya says it is already implementing ceasefire

By REUTERS
March 18, 2011 19:01

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

TRIPOLI - Libyan government forces are already implementing a ceasefire, a government spokesman told Reuters, adding no military offensive had been launched on Friday.

"Libya has already implemented the ceasefire," Mussa Ibrahim said. "We have not carried out any military operations today on Misrata or anywhere else in the country." He said that Tripoli wanted Turkish and Maltese authorities to "supervise and help implement the ceasefire."

"We don't know who to reach at the (UN) Security Council to work out the technicalities of the ceasefire. That is the problem at the moment which we are trying to resolve," he said.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 15, 2018
At least 35 people killed in Genoa bridge collapse, Italian police announce

By REUTERS