Libyan forces advance on rebel border crossing

By REUTERS
April 28, 2011 15:21

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

DEHIBA, Tunisia - Libyan rebel fighters pulled back towards a border crossing with Tunisia on Thursday after forces loyal to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi advanced towards them, a Reuters photographer said.

A Tunisian man at the Dehiba-Wazin border crossing, controlled by the rebels since last week, told Reuters that travelers and Tunisian border officials were leaving the checkpoint in anticipation of the arrival of pro-Gaddafi forces.

"We are in a state of alert. We have information that Gaddafi's forces are getting closer. We are ready," a rebel at the border, who did not want to be identified, told Reuters.

The Tunisian man who was near the crossing point said by telephone: "Everybody is starting to leave the place. The (Tunisian) customs people have been evacuated."

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 17, 2018
U.S. reliance on sanctions 'out of control,' Iran foreign minister says

By REUTERS