Missing US sailor in Afghanistan confirmed dead

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
July 27, 2010 12:35

KABUL, Afghanistan — One of two US sailors missing in Afghanistan since last week has been confirmed dead and his body recovered, a NATO spokesman said Tuesday.

The search continues for the other missing sailor, said Lt. Col. Todd Breasseale, a spokesman for NATO and US forces in Afghanistan.The two Navy personnel went missing Friday in the eastern province of Logar, after an armored sport utility vehicle was seen driving into a Taliban-held area. NATO officials were unable to say what they were doing in such a dangerous part of eastern Afghanistan.

The Taliban have said previously that they killed one of the two men in a firefight and captured the other.


Related Content

Breaking news
October 15, 2019
Ecuador's Moreno signs decree ditching fuel subsidy cuts after protests

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings