Report: ICC prosecutor goes to Egypt for Libya talks

By REUTERS
March 23, 2011 16:53

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

AMSTERDAM - The International Criminal Court prosecutor is expected to visit Egypt on Wednesday for talks with Egyptian and Arab League officials on his investigation into the violence in Libya, the Egyptian news website Ahram Online reported.

Luis Moreno-Ocampo, the ICC chief prosecutor, will meet Foreign Minister Nabil Elaraby and Arab League Secretary-General Amr Moussa, the report on the English-language website said.

Moreno-Ocampo said earlier this month he would open an investigation into Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and his sons over their violent crackdown on anti-government demonstrators, after the UN Security Council referred it to the ICC.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 21, 2018
Cuba's draft constitution opens path to gay marriage

By REUTERS