Source tells AFP over 75 Hezbollah fighters killed in Syria

By JPOST.COM STAFF
May 23, 2013 13:01

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A source close to Hezbollah told AFP on Thursday that over 75 Hezbollah fighters had been killed in Syria while fighting alongside the regime forces.

According to the source, 57 of the Hezbollah fighters were killed in battle, and an additional 18 succumbed to their wounds after being involved in clashes, mainly in the rebel-held town Qusayr.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 20, 2018
Report: Russia says will not pursue space weapons first

By REUTERS