Netanyahu's office berates lack of PA condemnation over Jerusalem attack

By
January 9, 2017 21:10

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

That the Palestinian Authority has not condemned Sunday’s terrorist attack in Jerusalem is simply “outrageous,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s spokesman David Keyes said on Monday.

“Last year President [Mahmoud] Abbas praised a terrorist who tried to run over an Israeli,” Keyes said of Abbas’ praise last March for a Palestinian woman who tried to run over a soldier in Gush Etzion. “That sent a clear message. His silence this year is telling.”Abbas wrote to the parents of the attacker last year that “we see in her a martyr who watered the pure earth of Palestine with her blood.”



This type of message, Keyes said, teaches Palestinian children that these types of actions are acts “of heroism, instead of terrorism.”

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
June 26, 2019
Six Egyptian security forces killed in attacks in Sinai - reports

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF

Cookie Settings