Bomb kills 1, wounds 7 in southwestern Pakistan

By
May 30, 2007 21:34

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A bomb killed one man and wounded seven others Wednesday in the capital of Pakistan's southwestern Baluchistan province, where rebel tribesmen have been blamed for waging a low-level insurgency in recent years, police said. Two assailants on a motorcycle tried to hurl a homemade bomb into the offices of the state-run Geological Survey of Pakistan in Quetta, Baluchistan's capital, police officer Rehmatullah Niazi said. But the bomb struck the building's gate, bounced off and landed near a group of eight men standing in the street outside the offices, wounding all of them, Niazi said. A 60-year-old employee of the geological department, who was among the wounded, died later in a hospital. One of the seven other wounded people was in serious condition, Niazi said.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Spokesperson Heather Nauert (L) speaks as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
December 12, 2018
Effort to thwart Iranian missiles 'futile' so far, Pompeo says

By MICHAEL WILNER