Swine flu transmission within Germany confirmed

By
May 1, 2009 14:48

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Germany's top public health authority confirmed Friday the first case of swine flu transmission within the country. Robert Koch Institute president Joerg Hacker said a 42-year-old Bavarian woman working as a nurse was infected after coming into contact with one of the three people previously confirmed to have swine flu in Germany. Local authorities in Landshut, north of Munich, said the nurse contracted the virus while working with a 37-year-old man who had recently traveled to Mexico, and she was being treated at a Regensburg hospital. The Health Ministry said in a statement that the nurse has already made a full recovery. Bavarian health authorities, meanwhile, confirmed that a separate patient had tested positive for the virus in the town of Feising, raising the total to five cases across Germany. No further details were available on the Feising case.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Human rights activists and friends of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi hold his pictures during a pr
October 18, 2018
U.S. gives Saudis 'few more days' on Khashoggi probe; consulate searched

By REUTERS