JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Nazi Germany's armed forces carried out their "Blitzkrieg" tactic in the invasions of France and Poland during World War II fulled by methamphetamine-based drugs, according to a German book soon to be published in English.
Read more: Breaking blitzkrieg: How crystal meth fueled Hitler's conquest of Europe
2. The teachers union in the city of Oldenburg published an article in its September paper calling for a complete boycott of the Jewish state, sparking criticism from Israel’s embassy, German teachers and pro-Israel activists, as well as the Simon Wiesenthal Center.
Read more: German teachers’ union urges total boycott of Israel
3. For the first time since the 2014 Gaza war, and in some ways the first time in decades, a major international body and Israel seem about to take cooperation on war crimes issues to a new level.
Read more: A historic turning point for Israel and the ICC
4. Israeli voice emotion analytics start-up Beyond Verbal has raised $3 million as part of a Series A round, led by China's KuangChi Science Limited, a member of the Kuang-Chi group.
Read more: Israeli start-up that can detect Trump's emotions gets $3m. funding boost
5. An ex-page three topless model was being groomed online to become a bride for an Islamic State jihadist, according to British media.
Read more: From topless model to ISIS bride