Authorities on Friday pulled five more bodies from the rubble of a 12-story building that collapsed this week in Egypt, raising the death toll to 28, said a senior police official. Only three residents of the building, which collapsed Monday in the Mediterranean port city of Alexandria, have been found alive, said Maj. Gen. Kamal el-Dali, head of the local police investigative unit. Rescue workers continued to search for remaining bodies Friday that might still be buried under the debris, el-Dali added. The local government had previously ordered the building, located in the Loran suburb, to be demolished or renovated since it was built without permission more than 25 years ago, according to the state news agency MENA. The building originally had seven stories but five more were added in recent years. Officials have not said what caused the collapse.