'I thought my life was over,' Kiryat Gat woman says of terrorist who charged into her home

Liat Ohana got up to close her front door when an Arab man with an assault rifle pushed his way in and began shouting at her in Arabic.

Police pursue terror suspect who snatched soldier's weapon.
A Kiryat Gat woman told reporters on Wednesday she saw her life pass before her eyes earlier in the day, when a Palestinian terrorist with a stolen rifle burst into her home and tried to stab her with a knife stolen from her kitchen.
Sitting in her apartment on Wednesday, Liat Ohana told Ch. 2 that earlier in the day she got up to close her front door and an Arab man with an assault rifle pushed his way in and began shouting at her in Arabic.
“Right away I understood this is a terrorist”, Ohana said, adding that the attacker realized the gun he stole didn’t have a magazine and then made his way into her kitchen and grabbed a knife. By then Ohana and her mother had rushed out of the apartment with the attacker in close pursuit. The terrorist grabbed her and tried to stab her she said, but gave up and ran back into her apartment.
“We just kept running. I looked death in the eye and thought I’m not going to make it out alive”, Ohana said in the interview.
Witnesses told reporters on Wednesday that the attacker – which Israel Police named as Amjad al-Jundi, 20 from Yatah in the West Bank – had boarded a line 369 Metropolitan bus just before the attack started. Shortly after he boarded passengers realized an attacker was on board and the driver stopped the bus and the passengers fled.
The terrorist then attacked a soldier, stealing his service rifle and stabbing and lightly wounding him, police said.
After snatching the rifle the attacker then made his way to the apartment building, where he entered Liat Ohana’s apartment on the third floor.
After Ohana fled, officers made their way to the building, climbing floor by floor until they found the apartment where the attacker had barricaded himself.
One of the special patrol officers, named as “M” in a video released by police Wednesday, said that he and two other members of his unit were driving home from a training exercise when they received a call about an attack in process.
When they made it to the third floor they found an apartment with its door open and M said they called out to the attacker who told them “get away” in a thick Arabic accent.
M said that one of the other two officers saw that the man was armed and that he then waited on the stairwell with his gun trained on the door. M said the attacker opened the door and pointed his gun at him, at which point he shot al-Jundi, who later died of his wounds.
Al-Jundi did not have a permit to be in Israel legally, police said.
Other than al-Jundi and the lightly-wounded soldier, no other casualties were reported in the attack.