BREAKING NEWS

Web-bought restorative lands man in hospital

A 27-year-old man who ordered a naturopathic product -- a pollen from the leaves of a plant known as butcher’s broom -- to regulate his bowel movements and make tea after Yom Kippur ended up at Hadassah University Medical Center suffering from poisoning. He called a mobile intensive care unit and managed to hand over the bag of the crushed plant to the paramedics before he collapsed.
The Jerusalem medical team, who used an ECMO machine for his heart and lungs and saved his life, said that no one should use such a product without consulting with an expert and making sure it was from an authorized supplier. 
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use and privacy policy

Read all Tweets >