Hundreds of L’Oréal managers and employees in Israel went out this week to volunteer in 10 different locations around the country to help community services, as part of its Good Citizen Day, which the company is holding for the 12th year.
All the company’s employees from the headquarters in Netanya and the logistics center in Caesarea devoted their entire working day to significant community volunteering.
"A successful company is measured not only by its business performance but also by the social and environmental impact it produces in the environment.”CEO of L’Oréal Israel Eli Sagiv
From the early hours of the morning, L’Oréal Israel’s managers and employees went to 10 different locations, in cooperation with organizations and associations that are L’Oréal social partners.
The 10 locations were:
- Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer’s rest area in the hospital’s oncology department where they offered cosmetic treatments for cancer patients.
- Ohel Sara in Bnei Brak where they gave beauty care for women with disabilities.
- A shelter for women-at-risk in the No to Violence center in Herzliya where women were provided with leisure activities and beauty treatments.
- The day center for the elderly of the Hadar Association in Netanya that gave both leisure activities and sessions to relieve loneliness.
- A food distribution center in Netanya they packed food packages for the needy.
- A rehabilitation work center in Netanya offered creative and leisure activities for the disabled.
- The Challenge Center in Netanya held cooking and creative activities for those with disabilities.
- Bet Sabah Elazraki Children’s Home boarding school in Netanya upgraded the children’s courtyard and improved furniture and equipment.
- Leket Israel’s logistics center helped sorting fresh fruits and vegetables being donated to the needy.
- In the Winter Puddle Park in Netanya they planted seedlings and built nesting boxes for birds.
Social and environmental impact
Eli Sagiv, CEO of L’Oréal Israel, concluded the day with a special event for volunteer workers and said: “A successful company is measured not only by its business performance but also by the social and environmental impact it produces in the environment."
We have set ourselves the goal of leading in this area as well and being involved in meaningful endeavors throughout the year. Good Citizens Day at L’Oreal is already part of who we are, an integral part of our company’s vision and course of action. We are proud to partner with the social and environmental organizations that go a long way with us.”