A 16-year-old was brought into Meir Medical Center after being bitten by a snake in Beit Yoshua, located in central Israel. The boy arrived at the hospital suffering from various effects from the snake bite, including vomiting, stomach aches, nausea, an accelerated pulse and paleness, according to Dr. Ehud Rosenblum.He received treatment which included oxygen and liquids, as well as remedies to ease the pain. Most importantly, according to Meir Medical Center, he was treated with anti-venom used against the Daboia Palaestinae snake. The teenager stabilized shortly after."While snake bites are not as common during the winter months, they could still happen," Rosenblum said. "That's why it is still important to avoid walking through tangled greenery and instead walk on marked paths as much as possible."