Bratislava lies on the majestic Danube. It's a compact capital city with something to please everyone: two castles, great food and lots of fascinating Jewish history - and not just the story of the Hatam Sofer (Rabbi Moses Schreiber).
- Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a choo-choo train - sort of
- Historic Bratislava Castle
- Meeting the city's Jewish community
- The gallery literally in the middle of the Danube
- Devin: Where castles, rivers and daring escapes all meet
- A real UFO. Honestly
- The restaurant with the best view in town
- The remarkable story of the tomb of the Hatam Sofer
- Bratislava synagogue and the amazing testimony of a Holocaust survivor
- Jewish wrestlers, swimmers and the creator of krav maga
Mark and David were guests of the Bratislava Tourist Board. Flights provided with support from World Jewish Travel.
Our podcast is also available on Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
IMPORTANT PODCAST UPDATE: The Jerusalem Post Podcast Travel Edition now has its own separate podcast feed . Please subscribe today to be first to receive each new episode. The JPost podcasts are now hosted on Spreaker.