print
gohome
Two Egyptian boys charged over Koran desecration incident
By REUTERS
10/03/2012
CAIRO - Two Coptic Christian boys in Egypt accused of tearing up a copy of the Koran and of urinating on it have been placed in juvenile detention, a lawyer for the boys said on Wednesday.

A series of incidents involving religious insults, including protests last month over a film made in California that mocked the Prophet Mohammad, have increased tensions between Muslims and Christians in Egypt.

Residents of Marco village in the province of Beni Suef south of Cairo filed complaints against the two brothers, Mina Nadi, 9, and Nabil Nadi, 10, who were then detained on Tuesday and charged with blasphemy, lawyer Gamal Eid said.
print gohome
JPost.com: Arab-Israeli Conflict | Israel News | Diaspora | Middle East | Opinion | Premium | Blogs | Not Just News | Edition Francaise | Green Israel

Copyright © 2014 Jpost Inc. All rights reserved • Terms of UsePrivacy Policy