Congo senate head hospitalized after Paris attack

By REUTERS
January 2, 2012 03:16

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

PARIS - The president of the Democratic Republic of Congo's Senate has been admitted to a Paris hospital after being attacked in the French capital, the French Foreign Ministry said.

The ministry said on its website it was investigating the New Year's Eve attack on Senate President Leon Kengo Wa Don, while Kinshasa demanded an explanation from French authorities.

The ministry said he had been in Paris on a private visit and had not informed French authorities of his arrival. Security forces came to his aid as quickly as possible and he had been admitted to a hospital in the city, it added.

"An investigation is underway. We have passed this information on to the Congolese authorities, and remain in contact with them," the ministry said. However, it did not comment on his condition or the possible motive of the attack.

Congo's President Joseph Kabila was sworn in on Dec. 20 for a new term following his victory in a disputed election.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 17, 2018
Pompeo: Saudis promise credible investigation

By REUTERS