'East J'lem building frozen for all intents and purposes'

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
April 26, 2010 16:04

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Two Jerusalem officials were quoted as saying on Monday that Israel had frozen plans for new construction in the city's disputed eastern sector, despite Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's declarations to the contrary.

They say the decision was taken after Israel infuriated Washington last month by announcing a major new east Jerusalem construction project during a visit by US Vice President Joe Biden.

Citing top Jerusalem city hall officials, one city councilman told The Associated Press that Netanyahu's office had verbally ordered a construction freeze. Another councilman said two committees that review construction plans on weekly basis have barely met since Biden visited.

The Jerusalem Post could not confirm the report.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
January 19, 2019
State governor: At least 20 dead in Mexico pipeline blast

By REUTERS