BREAKING NEWS

Egyptian official: We forbade large-scale Gaza operation

Egypt forbade Israel from launching a large-scale operation in the Gaza Strip following last week's terror attacks in the South, Egyptian envoy to the Palestinian territories said in an interview with Palestinian news agency Ma'an on Wednesday.
“The Egyptian side has felt after the Eilat operation that Israel intends to [get] revenge,” Ma'an quoted Yasser Othman as saying. Othman claimed that Egypt told Israel that it would not allow an operation to take place and Israel heeded the warning because of fear of the Egyptian people's reaction to such an operation.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use