Eilat mayor calls on Israelis to spend Passover in South

By JPOST.COM STAFF
April 5, 2012 07:49

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Eilat Mayor Meir Yitzhak-Halevy said Thursday morning that his city will function as normal despite last night's rocket attack.

Speaking to Army Radio, Yitzhak-Halevy said that "we have no intention of changing our daily routines," adding that the city of Eilat had already been on high alert because of the upcoming Passover holiday.

Yitzhak-Halevy called for tourists to travel to Israel's southern-most city for the holidays. "I call on all the citizens of the  state of Israel to come enjoy the warm weather in our city this Passover."

Related Content

Breaking news
July 18, 2018
Nicaraguan police surround, attack anti-government stronghold

By REUTERS