The family of a Jewish Al-Qaeda hostage killed in a US drone strike is disappointed in how Washington dealt with the situation, the hostage’s wife said in a statement.
Elaine Weinstein said Thursday the assistance her family received from the US government was “inconsistent and disappointing.”
President Barack Obama said earlier in the day that he takes full responsibility for the January counterterrorism mission that inadvertently killed Warren Weinstein, an American Jew, and Giovanni Lo Porto, an Italian.
“We hope that my husband’s death and the others who have faced similar tragedies in recent months will finally prompt the US government to take its responsibilities seriously and establish a coordinated and consistent approach to supporting hostages and their families,” she said.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>