Hospital runaway mother dies

August 25, 2010 05:16


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Doctors at Hillel Yaffe Medical Center in Hadera managed to save the life of a baby born during her mother’s 31st week of pregnancy, but the woman died from a severe collapse of all her bodily systems, the hospital announced on Tuesday.

The newborn is in good condition.

The woman, in her early 20s, arrived at the hospital three weeks ago complaining of stomach pain and nausea. She had just returned from Europe where she was hospitalized, but decided to leave of her own volition even though she felt unwell.

The woman was admitted to Hillel Yaffe where she was carefully examined and found to have a serious infection. She started antibiotic treatment and was advised to remain in the high-risk pregnancy unit for intensive supervision. Despite her condition the woman left for home.

The next day, she returned to the hospital where doctors diagnosed her with kidney failure and multi-organ failure. She was attached to a respirator after being anesthetized.

Although obstetricians were able to deliver her baby, a multi-discipline team was unable to save the woman after she suffered from a brain edema on Tuesday.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 15, 2018
Greenblatt: Peace can only succeed if it is based on realities