IDF officer who sustained head injuries in blast released from hospital

By
May 23, 2016 20:01

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

An IDF officer who sustained serious head injuries earlier this month when a bomb blew up near the Palestinian village of Hizme was released from the Hadassah Medical Center at Mount Scopus, Jerusalem on Monday after making a recovery.

The officer, Shahar Roditi, is now in good and stable condition, the hospital said, adding that it would continue to care for him during day visits in the near future.

Earlier this month, the officer under went 12 hours of surgery after the blast.

Prof. Nardi Caspi, head of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department at the Hadassah Medical Center at Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, said at the time that he arrived at the hospital’s trauma room suffering injuries from shrapnel and broken facial bones.

A few days after the blast, security forces arrested two suspects for allegedly planting the explosives, adding that the remainder of the investigation was under a media ban.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 23, 2018
Report: Suspected drug dealer, 7 others killed in Lebanese army raid

By REUTERS