Italy's Berlusconi says he was against Libya war

By REUTERS
July 7, 2011 14:46

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

ROME - Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said on Thursday he had opposed the decision by western powers led by France and Britain to go to war in Libya but had been forced to go along with a decision by parliament.

"I was against this measure as everyone knows," Berlusconi told a book presentation, adding that he had been forced to go along with a decision by the Italian parliament.

"I had my hands tied by the vote of the parliament of my country," he said.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 18, 2018
Iran: U.S. sanctions did not cause economical 'dead-end'

By REUTERS