Libya denies command center was hit in Saturday strike

By REUTERS
May 2, 2011 01:02

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

TRIPOLI - Libya's government denied on Sunday there were command and control facilities in a Tripoli neighborhood where NATO air strikes killed a son of Muammar Gaddafi and three of his grandchildren.

Deputy Foreign Minister Khaled Kaim said the attack was the fourth attempt to assassinate Gaddafi, who was in the building at the time.

Kaim also denied allegations that appeared in some media that the government had fabricated the deaths and said church leaders in Libya had been allowed to see the bodies in the hospital.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 23, 2018
Erdogan: Jamal Kashoggi was slain in a violent, vicious murder

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF