Melbourne attack had links to Islamic State

By REUTERS
November 10, 2018 03:00
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

SYDNEY - Australian police said on Saturday that a fatal stabbing attack in Melbourne in which one person and the attacker were killed was linked to Islamic State.

"There are links to the Islamic State," Australian Federal Police Acting Deputy Commissioner Ian McCartney told reporters in Melbourne when asked by a reporter if there were established links to the group. Islamic State had earlier claimed responsibility for the attack.

McCartney later said the link was more from an inspiration rather than direct contact. Counter-terrorism investigators were searching two properties in suburban Melbourne on Saturday morning as part of their investigation.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 17, 2018
U.S. vice president vows no end to trade action with China until it changes

By REUTERS