New York steps up security amid credible threat

By REUTERS
September 9, 2011 05:04

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

WASHINGTON - Security has been heightened in New York City because of a credible but uncorroborated threat, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said on Thursday.

Bloomberg said there was no reason for city residents to change their routines, but urged them to report suspicious activity.

The White House said US President Barack Obama was briefed on specific threat information earlier in the day, and noted that the US government had already stepped up security ahead of the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 15, 2018
Defense Minister Liberman consoles family of fallen officer

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF