LAGOS, Nigeria — Authorities on Thursday said that United Nations security officials are expected in Nigeria as investigations continue over an arms shipment seized two months ago at the West African nation's busiest port.
Ozo Nwobu, spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, told The Associated Press Thursday that eight experts from the United Nations Security Council would be visiting Nigeria over the arms shipment that originated from Iran and passed through the port in Lagos.He said that the dates for the visit have not been formally determined.
Nigeria filed an initial report last month on the arms seizure to the UN Security Council.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>