PA repeats ICC threat over settlements

By
December 12, 2012 17:26

The Palestinian Authority Wednesday repeated threats to file charges against Israel with the International Criminal Court [ICC] over plans to build housing units in E1, on the eastern outskirts of Jerusalem.

PA Foreign Minister Riad Malki said that the Palestinians' next move would be to request membership in the ICC following last month's UN General Assembly vote in favor of granting a Palestinian state the status of non-member observer.

"We are not in a rush to go to the court because we want to use this option in the right way to achieve the most effective outcome," Malki told the PA's official Voice of Palestine radio station.


Related Content

Breaking news
April 27, 2018
Leaders of two Koreas close first session of summit, break for lunch

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 15 - 24
    Beer Sheva
    17 - 22
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 13 - 19
    Jerusalem
    16 - 22
    Haifa
  • 20 - 28
    Elat
    17 - 27
    Tiberias