Palestinians cool to expected settlement freeze offer

Palestinians cool to exp

By
November 25, 2009 15:48

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Palestinian officials said Wednesday they rejected an expected offer from Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to partially freeze West Bank settlement construction, even before it was made public. The Prime Minister's office refused to comment on Israeli reports that he would announce the freeze later Wednesday. Earlier this week, Israeli TV said the freeze would last for 10 months. The plan would apply only to the West Bank and not include Jewish neighborhoods in east Jerusalem. Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat said any freeze that did not include east Jerusalem would be unacceptable. The Palestinians have refused to reopen peace talks with Israel until it halts all settlement construction.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 21, 2018
Appeal to Attorney General: Investigate Bennett on suspicion of bribery

By MAARIV ONLINE